More Americans collect cents than any other denomination. Now, this 6-coin set of 1¢ coins issued from 1816 to the present can highlight your collection:
- 1816-1857 Liberty Head large cent: nearly the size of a half dollar, these copper coins became too costly to make and were replaced by small cents.
- 1857-1858 Flying Eagle cent: these first small-size cents picturing an eagle in flight were minted in copper-nickel and were issued for only two years.
- 1859-1909 Indian Head cent: Depicting Liberty with a Native American headdress, these beautiful coins endured for half a century.
- 1909-1958 Lincoln “Wheatie” cent: These original Lincoln cents featured the Wheat Ears reverse issued through the Great Depression, WWI and WWII.
- 1959-2008 Lincoln Memorial cent: This beloved reverse design depicting the Lincoln Memorial was a familar part of American life for 50 years.
- 2010-Date Lincoln Union Shield cent: The current reverse design bearing a patriotic Union Shield was introduced in 2010.
The Liberty Head, Flying Eagle and Indian Head cents are in Very Good condition and the 3 Lincoln Cents are Uncirculated. Order your set today. (dates our choice)
- Product Type: Sets
- Year: Mixed Years