Following the popular Statehood quarter program, the American Samoa issue is the 4th of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories. This Philadelphia “P” mint mark coin is in Uncirculated condition.
- Honors the U.S. Territory of American Samoa in the South Pacific Ocean
- Came under U.S. sovereignty in 1899 and proclaimed a Territory in 1929
- Depicts ava bowl used for ceremonial drink, plus whisk and staff symbolizing the rank of ceremonial orators
- Bears the Territory motto which translates as SAMOA, GOD IS FIRST
- Struck for 2 months, then never again!
Add the “P” mint mark 2009 American Samoa quarter to your collection in mint Uncirculated condition.
- Mint Mark: Philadelphia
- Product Type: Single Products
- Territories: American Samoa (2009)
- Year: 2009