Following the popular Statehood quarter program, the U.S. Virgin Islands quarter is the fifth of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories. This 90% silver San Francisco “S” mint mark coin is in Proof condition.
- Honors United States Virgin Islands – St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix and minor islands – as a U.S. Territory Purchased from Denmark in 1917 and granted U.S. Territory status in 1954
- Depicts the territory’s official Bananaquit bird and Yellow Elder flower, as well as a native Tyre Palm Tree
- Bears the territory’s official motto UNITED IN PRIDE AND HOPE
- Bearing “S” mint mark and struck at the San Francisco Mint
Highlight your collection with this beautiful, top-quality 90% silver Proof version, order your U.S. Virgin Islands quarter today!
- Mint Mark: San Francisco
- Product Type: Single Products
- Territories: U.S. Virgin Islands (2009)
- Year: 2009