Following the popular Statehood quarter program, the U.S. Virgin Islands quarter is the fifth of six new 2009 quarters honoring the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories. This San Francisco “S” mint mark coin is in Proof condition.
- Honors United States Virgin Islands – St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix and minor islands – as a U.S. Territory Purchased from Denmark in 1917 and granted U.S. Territory status in 1954
- Depicts the territory’s official Bananaquit bird and Yellow Elder flower, as well as a native Tyre Palm Tree
- Bears the territory’s official motto UNITED IN PRIDE AND HOPE
- Bearing “S” mint mark and struck at the San Francisco Mint
Highlight your collection with this beautiful, top-quality Proof version, order your U.S. Virgin Islands quarter today!
- Mint Mark: San Francisco
- Product Type: Single Products
- Territories: U.S. Virgin Islands (2009)
- Year: 2009